Who do I call about surrendering my pet?


Please consider contacting one of the rescue groups Animal Care Services has approved as part of the Animal Care Services rescue program and see if they can help you. You may also contact one of the local animal shelters to see if they can take your unwanted pet.  


A rescue list is available online at:  


Owner Surrender appointments are not required any longer, you may come in to Animal Care Services  anytime during our pet intake business hours,  Stray Animal Drop Off or Owner Surrender: Tuesday through Friday 11:00AM to  7:00PM and Saturday 11:00AM to 5:00PM.


*Animal Care Services does NOT accept owner surrendered pets any time on Sundays or Mondays.


Please note, that owner surrenders are accepted on a space-available basis ONLY. If the shelter has reached capacity or is unable to provide humane housing for your pet, you will be asked to seek alternate arrangements.

Animal Care Services will make every effort to find a new home for your pet, please be advised owner surrendered pets become the property of the City of San Antonio immediately upon impoundment. As such, owner surrendered animals may be dispositioned appropriately up to and including adoption, transfer to a rescue group, or humane euthanasia.

Residents of City of San Antonio ONLY:




$25 per pet / $25 per litter




For more information please visit:










Related Information

Related Links:
Related FAQs:
Address 4710  State Hwy 151