How can I get assistance with tax return preparation?
You may contact United Way regarding VITA by calling (210) 227-4357 or 2-1-1.
Twenty-three VITA sites opened across the city on Wednesday, January 30. Individuals and households who earned up to $55,000 in total income last year are eligible for free income tax preparation and electronic filing through April 15.
The VITA program is sponsored by the IRS and a city-wide coalition of non-profit organizations and businesses led by the City of San Antonio,
of San Antonio and Bexar County, and Catholic Charities of San Antonio, Inc.
Visit any VITA site through April 15 on a walk-in basis.
Must Bring the Following:
- Valid photo identification
- Social Security Card(s) or Individual Tax Identification Number(s) for all family members
- All W-2 Forms
- Copy of prior year tax return (if applicable)
- 1099 Forms (if applicable)
- If filing jointly, spouse must be present to review/sign completed return
Related InformationRelated Links: